To get an Employment Agency License, you will need the
1. A signed “Declaration letter” confirming that you are going to operate from an office that;
· is accessible to persons with special needs. (if not state where you are going to interview these persons).
· have a waiting room were candidates can wait before being interviewed.
· have an interview room where a candidate is interviewed away from other candidates.
(This letter is to be originally
signed by the Competent Person and should include your Letter Head).
2. The Competent person is to be (a) not less than
twenty-five years of age; (b) be of good moral character; and (c) have not less
than six years’ experience in any activity which includes the management of
human resources; or (d) not less than three years’ experience in any activity
which includes the management of human resources and be in possession of a
University degree or diploma in a field which, in the opinion of the Director,
is relevant to the management of an employment agency or employment business
3. Before applying for a license you are required to
publish a “Notice of intention” for just one day in two different daily
newspapers. Display another copy of such “Notice of intention” in a prominent place onto the door of your premises where the business is
intended to be carried out. The “Notice of intention” should be displayed for at least for 21 calendar days before making the application. The "Notice of intention" should state the name, ID
and address of applicant. If the applicant is a Company or Joint Venture, the Company Number/s, Company Name/s, registered address and the operating address. When applying as a Partnership, the
names, IDs and addresses of each partners together with the address of the premises at which the employment agency or employment business is to be carried out are to be included.
It is also important that on the Notice of Intention, a reference is made to the Employment Agencies Regulations.
You are also to mention the
class of activities to be carried out such as
Interviewing, selection and placements of
candidates in employment.
Recruitment persons abroad for employment in
Malta or in any E.U. Member State.
Recruitment persons in Malta for employment in
Malta or in any E.U. Member State.
Advertising of the filling of vacancies.
Keeping a register of applicants for employment.
4. With reference to the application form “Item 9 Method of
financing of the services” you are to make it clear that “no fees will be
collected from any Candidate”.
5. It is also important to show your Employment Agency
License number on your website (E.A. ###-year) especially on the recruitment
page. This is to be quoted in every correspondence you make with Our Department
of Industrial and Employment Relations. Please send us all links to your sites.
6. After twenty one ( 21 ) calendar days from the last
published letter of intention you should fill in an application form.
7. More detailed information can be accessed from the Employment Agencies Regulations.
8. Together with the application (ensure it is completely
filled) you must provide the following:
· The Competent
Person’s recent Police conduct certificate which is to be collected from the
Police Headquarters in Floriana. the competent person is the official
person managing the Employment Agency which could be the Director himself).
· The Competent Person’s CVs showing his/her
qualifications and experience.
· The Competent Person’s Birth Certificate.
· An annual license fee of Euro 349.41 payable to D.I.E.R. ( Department
Of Industrial & Employment Relations ) and addressed to 121, Melita Street,
payment has to be made only by Cheque (on the back of the Cheque please write
your Name and Surname or your Employment Agency Name).
of all Directors with all their identity number and contact details.
9. Additional information which needs to be submitted with the application would be the following;
10. Please ensure that you also abide with these
A copy of the MFSA Certificate if the Employment Agency has been
registered as a Company. Tel. 2144 1155.
· The copy of the deed if the Employment
Agency is a Partnership or a Joint Venture.
· A copy of the ETC Employment record sheet showing that the Competent Person is
employed with this New Employment Agency. Tel. 2165 4940.
· A document (Notification Confirmation or payment receipt) which shows that you
are registered with the Office of the Information and Data Protection
Commissioner. Tel. 2328 7100 (this is to be provided once you or
your Recruitment Company is officially registered).
· We wish to make it clear that no fees can be
collected from any candidate.
· The Competent Person should at all times be
available in his/her office for inspection by our Inspectors. Contact us if you want to appoint a substitute.
· All renewal payments are to reach our office
before the Employment Agency License expires.
· Your website should show your Official
Employment Agency Name and License number especially on the recruitment page.
· The Competent Person is to inform us with any
changes especially when changing the address of the business office.
11. Kindly note that all correspondence including the
application are to be either in English or Maltese.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you may need more help on Tel: 23975114
or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org